No longer available
Lithium-Iron-Phosphate storage technology at its best
- Deapth of discharge 100% - without affecting the lifetime of the battery
- Lifetime 20 years (>8.000 cycles with 100% DOD, 1C)
- Tested cycle lifetime at 100% DOD: 71 % of initial capacity after 10.000 cycles!
- No thermal runaway possible - unique design of the fORTELION cell ensures a maximum safety
- Variable size, later extension possible
- Efficiency 95%
- Reliable under extreme conditions (e.g. German Antarctic station Gondwana)
- Applications in tropical climate: Operating temperature 35°C, for short periods 60°C
- Polar software: optional, charging till -10°C, discharging till -20°C
- For grid coupled, emergency power supply and off-grid applications
All MSS Systems are pre-mounted at our site in Berchtesgaden, have a window in the front door, are lockable and equipped with wheels (Standard housing up to 10 kWh). Bridges, communication cables, battery cables, ground connecting cables are included.
Number of storage
modules 1,2 kWh each
(100 % DOD usable)
|Small cabinet||4 - 10||4,8 - 12,0 kWh||1085x600x600 mm|
|Large cabinet||4 - 16||4,8 - 19,2 kWh||1800x600x600 mm|
For each cabinet 1 controller modul is needed. Up to 16 cabinets possible in one system (max. overall capacity of 307,2 kWh). For multistring systems (more than 1 cabinet) additionally 1 hub modul is needed for data exchange. Hub and controller have the same dimensions like the storage modules and are also mounted in the cabinet similarly.
MSS storage systems are compatible with:
MSS storage systems are available in many different variations as part of ENERFLEX systems. Furthermore they are compatible with inverters from Victron Energy (MulitGrid, MuliPlus, Quattro) and SMA (Sunny Island, Sunny Backup).
Safety first - for a good feeling at home
The unique cell design of the fORTELION cell guarantees a maximum safety, a thermal runaway is not possible. The self-healing characteristic is demonstrated by the short-circuit nail test below.
Durability - a sustainable investment for the next 20 years
Tested cycle lifetime at 100% DOD: 71 % of initial capacity after 10.000 cycles, 64 % of initial capacity after 16.000 cycles.
Green line: MSS storage system with fORTELION technology
Black line: conventional lithium battery
15 YEARS WARRANTY
15 years on 60 % capacity at standard operating temperature -10 to +60 °C (grid-connected or off-grid)
KFW subsidizable warranty 10 years on 80% capacity
A useful tip: If looking for a storage system, always compare the small print! Warranty is a crucial feature, which also gives the non-professional an idea of the quality and durability of a system.
Since Septemper 1st 2017 the former Sony lithium battery sector is owned by Murata. All warranty and service issues remain unchanged and are fully continued by the new owner Murata.
Pricelists on request.